Saturday, March 13, 2010

Saturday, March 13/2010

Woke up - feel like crap!! BUT - the sun is shining and right now I will settle for one of life's little pleasures - sun on my face. Had a short nap this afternoon and when I woke up John asked me if I heard him talking to the neighbor. I didn't hear a thing and John proceeded to tell me that the neighbor wanted to ask John if he had heard the gun shot (I didn't) and he told John that he had a small mat lying on the ground at the door of his camper and when he stepped out onto it there was a rattlesnake lying under the fold where the wind had blown it over onto itself. He actually stepped on the thing - said it was like stepping on a hose, saw it's tail sticking out of the fold and jumped for his life!! Scared the hell out of him and he of course got his gun out and shot the damn thing!! He just wanted to let us know that he wasn't shooting his gun for no reason. John thanked him for the information and then said "now my wife will never come out of the motorhome!! I just knew those sneaky bastards were out and about!!

No comments:

Post a Comment