Saturday, April 18, 2020

September 2019

the wood stove 

Casey, Marissa, Roxy and Nix chillin in the mancave
September was another busy month.  The Saskatchewan Roughriders won't the Labor Day Classic and that was a good thing.
John and I took several cruises with Dave and Shirley and the dogs.  Every one was a different adventure with those dumb dogs but they loved the exercise.  We stopped at 12 Mile one time and Booko had managed to catch a rabbit.  Not sure how he managed that but he did and Jake and Reggie were more than interested in it.  John was able to get the rabbit from Booko and threw it away before the three of them fought over it.
September saw the start of the NFL in America and that was exciting.  John and I love to watch it.
Gary decided to make some sausage this month and asked if I would help him and of course I jumped at the chance.  It was quite a learning experience.
I got notification as to my surgical date for my left hip replacement so had to go into Saskatoon for a prep assessment at my family physician and then the readmission clinic at Saskatoon City Hospital.  It was a busy week but at least the end was in sight for my first hip replacement.
We stayed with Jace and Kim at the new acreage for these appointments and that was really handy.
Kimmy unfortunately ended up fracturing her wrist while we were there so she went into hospital to have it repaired and was discharged the next day.  Her fingers were pretty swollen and she will be sore for a while but she will heal nicely and carry on with life.   She now has an unscheduled "vacation" from her job.  It is a good thing she has lots of sick time.  She gets to spend time with the kittens that they got when they moved to the acreage!!  There are three of them and they are all kittens so they will keep Kimmy busy!!  Neena loves themself!!

sunset in Leoville





deer crossing the North Road


Marissa sitting at the outside fire pit


Hail!!   What the Hell!!

Leaves are starting to turn
We returned home on the 18th and just spent the next few weeks waiting for September 30th and my new hip!!  I went and got my final pedicure before the surgery so that my nails looked nice and I wouldn't have to worry about them for another six weeks.
We drove into Warman the night before surgery and stayed with Casey and Marissa.  Casey had fixed up their spare bed so that it was high enough for me to get in and out of.  He used pallets to elevate it and he did a great job.  I had a really good sleep that night.
On September 30th, I walked into Saskatoon City Hospital and had my Total left hip replacement.  
Life is Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment