Saturday, April 18, 2020

October 2019

left total hip replacement incision
October was my "recover from surgery"  month.  I was discharged from hospital on October 3rd.  That was post op day 3 and I felt good enough to go home.  John had gone home after I had my surgery as there really was no reason for him to hang around for several days waiting for me to get out of the hospital.  On my day of discharge, Jace was home from the farm so came and picked me up then drove me to Blaine Lake where John met us and drove me the rest of the way home.  I could have stay with Jace and Kim but I wanted to "just go home and sleep in my own bed!!



threatening skies
I worked diligently on my post op exercises knowing that I had to be pretty good by the time John and I headed down to Arizona for the winter.  I had my staples removed on the 15th of October and the incision looked really good.   So far, so good!!
I had the camper pretty much ready for travel before the surgery so really had very little to do as far as that was concerned.
We left Leoville of October 20th and headed to 'Saskatoon where we would stay in the camper at Jace and Kimmy's acreage until it was time for us to head south.
John and I had to make a stop at the doctor's office to get our prescriptions and then go pick up pills at the pharmacy.   I had to see the physiotherapist before leaving to make sure that I was progressing well.   Once that was done, I had to see my surgeon to get his ok to leave.  It was a very busy week and it flew by quickly.
We had lots of visitors at the acreage and we said our goodbyes before finally, on the 30th headed to Arizona.
The weather had been terrible cold and there was lots of snow on the ground.  Our pipes in the RV froze once but we were lucky enough not to break anything.  The water pump survived too.  It was time to get the hell out of Dodge and head towards warmer weather.
We crossed into America on the 31st of October and spent our first night in Havre, Montana.
Life is Good!!
Booko sitting proud on a round bale!!
He actually jumped up on the bale

Deer Lake and the Fall colors



Timberland School

Another awesome sunset

I see you!!

Dave - got knocked off his chair when Jake and Booko
ran into him!!

Dave and John

Oh Dear.....

Jax )Kayla's son) and Bonnie

Booko and Bonnie

SNOW!!!
Time to head to the warmth of Arizona

No comments:

Post a Comment