Saturday, December 29, 2018

Sunday, September 30/2018 - Saturday, October 6/30128

This week is the start of Moose Hunting and Gary is so pumped to get one.   He has been so busy out at his stand preparing and trying to lure in a moose that I truly hope he is successful again this year.  He is very generous with his kills and if he gets one then I know that John and I will get a few feeds of moose meat before we leave.
Success was on Gary's side again this year and he was able to make a kill on the second day of the season.  Because he is building a new garage, he asked John if he minded if he hung it in our shop for a few days before him, Dave and Shirley cut it up.   Of course the answer was yes and poor old Booko was quite nervous of it.   He just didn't know what the heck it was and gave it a wide berth when he was in the shop!!
I worked two shifts this week and also recertified for my CPR.  I guess it is a yearly thing now so needed to be done.  It was held in Spiritwood this year so I hitched a ride with one of the other girls who had to attend as well.
The week went by quickly but I did manage to get a few more things scratched off my "to do" list as well.   Life is Good!!


Enjoying a beverage

always posing for the camera

Out for another load of wood

Garry got his moose

Garry and Dave stripping the hide


Cruise to Deer Lake




Ice on the water already

No comments:

Post a Comment