Monday, November 5, 2018

Sunday, July 1/2018 - Saturday, July 7/2018

Rain has finally graced us and it brought a beautiful rainbow.   Perhaps now the garden will get a 

   
much needed drink.  There is nothing like good old Mother Nature to water the garden.  It is coming along nicely.
This week found me headed over to Lac Eau Claire to spend the week with Gloria.  All the kids have left so that left nothing but peace and quiet over there.
I loaded up the dog, some food and some booze and away I went.  It was raining but a bad day at the lake is better than a good day at work!!
I arrived to find Gloria sitting by the campfire reading her book.  She looked totally at peace with nature and it sure didn't take me too long to unload the provisions, grab a beer and my lawnchair and join her.   She had Jace and Kimmy's dogs with her so there would be three fur babies to entertain us for the week!!
It was marvelous and oh so refreshing to be able to just sit and read for however long we wanted and to just "be".  I totally enjoyed it and would do it again in a heartbeat.
Of course reality set in on Friday when I got a call asking if I could work on Saturday for one of the girls and after spending some "down" time, I was ready to get back to work.  One of the perks these girls at work get during the summer is that I am always available to work so that they can get their much needed time off too.  It works out well both ways.  I get more hours towards my 780 and they get their day off!!    Life is Good

No comments:

Post a Comment