Sunday, November 25, 2018

Sunday, August 12/2017 - Saturday, August 18/2017

Reflections on the water


Another busy week is upon us.  I only worked 3 shifts this week but we managed to squeeze in a trip to Buck Lake to once again enjoy what Mother Nature has to offer.
What a pleasure it is to sit and enjoy the view.


Booko, enjoying the view and listening to all the sounds
particularly,,,,,the mean, scary squirrels.   They really bug him!!




Chillin in the back of the truck

The squirells can't get him in the back of the truck!!


It is always nice to come back off the trail and have a fire to sit around to stave off the evening chill. John and I sit many hours around this fire pit chatting and planning.   Speaking of the fire pit, it is in bad shape and really needs to be taken to the local welding shop for some much needed repairs.  It has served us well and since Casey made it for us when he was in welding school, it holds a lot of nostalgia and many good memories.  It really needs to be shown some love and it just so happens that one of the guys that John was out four wheeling with in The Block owns the welding shop in Spiritwood so he's thinking we need to drop it off there in the Spring.  Time to show it some fire pit love!!


Campfire in the yard

From the garden


Lots of smoke in the air

John, finally getting the man door put into the shop


The mandoor finally got put in.   John was feeling up to the task so took a day and got it up and now I no longer have to make the long trek around to the other side of the shop to get a beer!!  I can simply open this new door and walk into the man cave.     Now, that is a VERY good thing!!


One tired dog!!

pickled carrots


The garden is ready for harvest and I did manage to get a few jars of beans pickled and some carrots as well.   It was my first time picking these items so I sure hope they turn out.   I also grabbed a few cabbages and shredded them as best I could and got the sauerkraut started.   It is the first time for that too so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that too!!
The cucumbers are ready and I got all the ingredients needed for making relish so I spent a few days doing relish and pickled beets.
It was a very productive week!!


Door almost complete


A good week though and now that the canning is done I can think about getting more of the garden cleaned up,  There is still a lot left in it and I gave a lot of it away to the young family who lives beside us.  She had small children and is very busy so I know she appreciates anything she gets.   She has no garden so I'm thinking that she could plant  mine and I will just "steal" from her!!
She has chickens at the farm and asked if I wanted fresh eggs......"Oh ya", I said and mentioned that if she still had chickens in the Spring I would get eggs from her regularly throughout the summer.  So, hopefully she does as there is nothing better than free range farm eggs.
Life is Good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment