Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Sunday, June 10/2018 - Saturday, June 16/2018

Sunday started the week that I wish I could forget.
John had a really good gall bladder attack just before he was to cook supper for us and I had this fleeting thought that perhaps this was just an excuse not to have to cook!!  LOL  He took his medication and went to lie down.  He soon came back into the mancave and said it wasn't really easing.   By the time he went to bed, the pain had eased a bit and he could hopefully sleep.
I was scheduled to work four days this week so it was going to be busy.  Monday found me at work and John was still not feeling well.  The horrible colic pain had left but there was a different pain and soreness left to replace it.   Hmmmm.   He still wasn't too perky Monday night when I got home but thought that maybe a good night's sleep might help.  I mentioned that if he wasn't any better, then we should probably think about heading into Saskatoon on Wednesday morning to have things checked out.
As it turned out, he didn't sleep well (if at all) Monday night and when I headed to work Tuesday morning he had just taken more medication in the hopes that things would improve.   Apparently they got worse so he called me at the home and said he couldn't stand the pain anymore.  I told by boss that I was going scoot home to see what was going on.
When I got here I could see that John was in distress so went back to work to see if a replacement could be found for me as I couldn't just leave.   As it turned out, John decided he couldn't wait any longer and drove himself into Saskatoon with his pain.   He said the ride was brutal but he made it!!  He called me when he was already on the road to let me know he was gone!!  Jesus, Mary and Joseph.....I am sooooo going to yell at him again!!   The staff at the hospital must have seen that he was in distress because they took him right into the emergency department and that was probably a very good thing.   He spent the night there.
I was able to hitch a ride into Saskatoon with Gary as he had to drive Arlene to the airport so that at least worked out well.
When I arrived at the hospital,John had just been transferred out of the emergency department and onto the surgical ward to await surgery.  He looked better - not good- but better.  I stayed for a quick visit then had to leave again as I was scheduled to work two more night shifts!!  Holy Buckets!!
I did some quick shopping at Walmart and got back to Leoville at 5:30.  Plenty of time to eat and head to work.   I think I was running on reserve power by this time!!
John text me later and said he was headed down to the operating room.   After a few hours, I called to see if he was back on the ward and was told no, he hadn't arrived yet.  I called again a few hours later and the girls had just heard that he was on his way back.    Holy Buckets....since when does it take 41/2 hours to do a laparoscopic cholecystectomy????
Apparently it was quite a mess in and around the gallbladder and the surgeon had a bit of trouble.  John ended up with a drain and then it sounds like they had trouble waking him up out of the anesthetic!!  Holy Shit.....that is not good.  Eventually though, he was back on the ward and on the way to recovery.  He was discharged from hospital on Friday and Casey brought him home so that saved me another trip into the city.
Casey headed off to the lake as the kids were having a get together up there.  It is the Father's Day Rally here in town and the kids always attend.
Jace and Kim stopped by on their way to the lake as well.
No one stayed for long and that was a good thing.  John was in no condition to entertain or even hold a conversation for that matter.   He wanted to sleep and understandably so.
Our very busy, stressful week ended quietly and that was a VERY GOOD THING!!
Depite the trials and tribulations of life.......Life is Good!!


No comments:

Post a Comment