Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Sunday, June 3/2018 - Saturday, June 9/2018

I was scheduled to work three shifts this week but only managed one as I did a "flying zambini" into the mancave on Tuesday and was physically unable to do my two scheduled night shifts.
I tripped over a board and went falling into the man cave, landing on the concrete.  My right knee and left arm took the brunt of the fall so that was a bit nasty.  Of course I fell like a brick shit house and once the shock of the fall was over, I lay on the concrete crying and feeling very sorry for myself and thinking....how in the hell am I going to get off this filthy concrete.
The incident happened early in the morning and John was not yet out of bed and wouldn't be for a few hours so my dilemma was to stay on the floor and wait or figure out a way to use my battered and smashed body to get up.    Staying on that filthy floor was not an option so I did eventually get up and get over to the recliner where I sat for a while feeling even more sorry for myself.  I had to muster the strength to get up, get to the camper and yell at John for leaving the board where it was so that I could trip over it!!  It is funny how anger can fuel your body!!
This week Arlene came to visit Gary and we were able to spend some time with her.  It is always nice to have a chat and we managed to watch a football game and eat Burritos.  Arlene had never had a burrito before so this was a new adventure for her.  Thankfully she enjoyed them so she went home with a full belly!!
John and I managed to take a cruise to Buck Lake.  The weather has been so lousy this week that we decided that this may be the only day we get some sunshine so off we went.  We sat there for an hour or so then headed back to Leoville.  We met Dave and Shirley on our way out as they too were headed to Buck for a Beer.  We carried on and stopped at the gravel pit where Dave and Shirley caught up to us so we enjoyed a chat with them.
Booko finally got to meet Jake, their new little puppy.  Well, he certainly isn't "little"!  He is a Great Pyrenees and will be huge once he has grown into his feet!!  What a lovely guy he is.  Gentle and soft.  Reminds me of a polar bear!!
I got the bedding plants into the garden along with he peas and now the garden is completely done. All it needs to do is grow!!
We finished off the week taking the sami to get a load of wood.  We were not sure what the condition of "8 mile" was going to be with all the rain we have been getting so, thought the sami  would be the best choice.  At least we could have the winch if we ended up getting stuck.  We didn't need it but the trail was nasty and "old blue" probably would not have made it through.
We had an awesome fire and of course steak for supper.   Mmmmm.....Life is Good!!



No comments:

Post a Comment