Thursday, May 11, 2017

Wednesday, May 3/2017

Gloria headed off to Ottawa today so Bernie was up REAL early in order to get her to the airport on time.  Today is also the start of all our appointments and it is Mammogram day for me.
The appointment was for 10:00 o'clock so I headed out early as the office had moved and I was not too sure as to where it was.  As it turned out, it was a very good thing that I did leave early as I had forgot the address and left the phone at home!!  Cool!!
I knew the vicinity it was in but as the time grew closer to ten, I decided that I would stop and ask someone.   I went into a Nail/Tanning Salon thinking that I might have pretty good luck asking there. Well, the girl in there looked as if I was speaking in a foreign language so I politely thanked her and went into the business beside the salon.   My time was running out!!
It turned out to be some sort of "techy" store and there was a pleasant young man at the desk.  GREAT I thought.... I am sure he is going to know!!  He had a real nice smile so I thought....go for it Marie...this guy has a Mom and maybe a sister or two!!  Of course he didn't know where the joint was but he said "let's look it up on the computer"  and I said "great".  Before too long I had the address, thanked the sweet young man and also said...."and my boobs thank you!!"  I am sure, had he not been black, he would have been blushing!!  I arrived 5 minutes late for my appointment but they were behind on their appointments so everything worked out great.
After the mammogram, I headed over to my sister's home and ended up staying the whole day with her.  We had a most awesome visit and it was great.  We had not had the opportunity to actually spend a day together for years.  It will be a day that I treasure forever.  We talked about everything and nothing and we both enjoyed it.
It was finally time for me to head back to the farm and when I arrived with only a small bag of groceries, John was shocked.   "Is that all?" he said!!  He had though I had gone into town to do some shopping and, I actually did but my visit with Jan was soooo much more important than hitting Walmart that shopping went out the window.  Tomorrow there will be time for that!!
Before I left the farm this morning, I had put a corned beef into the slow cooker.  It was smelling pretty damn good by the time I got home so all that was really left to do was get the cabbage into the oven and peel the potatoes.  With that being done, I joined Bernie, John and Kim on the deck and we enjoyed several adult beverages before heading inside to eat and watch the hockey game.
Supper was delicious (no surprise there) and Kimmy, who had been dreading the day because she had never eaten corned beef before (is that even possible??) raved about how good supper was!!  Holy Buckets!!
Another day on the farm closes and Life is Good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment