Saturday, May 27, 2017

Sunday, May 14/2017 - Saturday, May 20/2017

Happy Mother's Day to all you Moms out there.
It started raining yesterday evening and I swear, it hasn't stopped all night.  I awoke Sunday morning to the sound of rain on the trailer roof and although I love the sound......ENOUGH ALREADY!!  I will not be able to get the darn garden rototilled for a while longer now!!  Holy Buckets....of Rain!!
Tomorrow I start some scheduled shifts at the nursing home so will be busy this week.  Before I know it, the week will be over......time flies!!
I arrived at the nursing home early Monday morning to start the first of four shifts this week only to be told that the town's water has been shut off.  Apparently there is a problem with the sewer system so the water needed to be shut off so that the sewer would not back up and contaminate the supply.   Well then, I guess we will be in "conserve water" mode.  That being the case, no baths were done on our residents, no laundry and no dishwasher!!  I must say, the situation called for some arrangements to be made and before too long, we had a pressurized water system going into the home from a couple of huge water tanks sitting in the parking lot.   This water was to be used sparingly as there was no telling how long the town would be without water!!  Apparently the sewer outlet was crushed or blocked and there were issues at the lift station as well.  YIKES!!   This could last a few days!!  The town folk worked on the problem all night long and ended up laying a mile of new sewer pipe on top of the ground, bypassing the "issue" and having a functioning system up and running by late the following day!!  They did a great job in a relatively short time and for that, I am sure everyone in town was thankful.  The whole unfortunate business did not really affect John and I though as we get our water out of Gary's well and the camper has its own sewer system!!  See.....sometimes living in a camper has its advantages!!
My shifts were long and I definitely am feeling the ache in my hip and back.  Life sometimes sucks when you have to deal with discomfort but I can honestly say I am not alone in this as so many go through life with various discomforts.  It does help though when one loves what they do and the shifts did go by rather quickly.
John cut grass again on Friday as the recent rains have caused it to grow like crazy.  I started cleaning out the storage trailer and before too long it was 4'clock and happy hour was upon us!!  Dave came over for a short visit and when I said that we were out of wood for tonight's campfire, Dave offered us some of his and that was awesome.  John and I sat around the campfire (the first official "Leoville" campfire and enjoyed the evening and watched the Northern Lights.  They were really dancing across the skies tonight.
Gary had gone into the city to pick Arlene up at the airport.  She will be here for a few weeks visiting so it will be good to sit and chat with her for a while.
It was ribs and rice for supper tonight and I must say, the ribs were delicious and the rice phenomenal.  Man, I am getting really good at opening those bags and popping them into the microwave!!  I also made a quick salad so that rounded off the meal.   Tomorrow, weather permitting, we will have another campfire and of course, being Saturday......steak night!!  Woo Hoo....Life is Good!!
Saturday loomed over us with some nasty looking storm clouds.  We did have a few spatters of rain but nothing too drastic her in town.
I heard an ambulance coming into town and watched it go straight up the North Road so wondered what kind of tragedy had fallen onto someone.  It being the long weekend, there were lots of quadders out and about on the trails.
John and I went for a ride down the North Road and came across the RCMP coming back into town and the ambulance as well.  Apparently there was a quad accident a bit further down the road.  We did arrive at the scene to find two very smashed quads.  It looks as if they ran into each other.  The one quad had significant damage to the front end and the "driver's" side while the other had front end damage.  No good would have come out of this collision and I am sure the ambulance had victims in the back of it.   Both quads I am assuming were "right offs".   All that remains now is speculation as to what happened and how it happened.
We met Dave and Shirley on the North Road and stopped for "road beers" with them.  It started to rain while we were visiting so we loaded up and headed for home.
Dave and Shirley loaded up his quad and brought over another load of wood and then we sat around the campfire and enjoyed the heat.  It was an awesome evening and being Saturday, ended it with a steak and baked potato meal.   Life is Good!!

trailer set up

First Leoville fire

Booko taking it easy

No comments:

Post a Comment