Monday, May 29, 2017

Sunday, May 21/2017 - Saturday, May 27/2017

The sun was shining when I awoke but that was soon replaced by nasty looking storm clouds.  There is thunder in the distance so I had better go get the lawn chairs in so that they are dry for later today.
It is a typical lazy Sunday and there are no real plans for anything.
John mentioned something about changing tires on the quad so that might get done today but who knows.  It might be a totally lazy Sunday!!
Monday, the quad tires actually did get changed and John and I took a ride down to Deer Lake. Booko, I think was a little put out as he thought he was going to be riding with John as he usually does and when he had to stay at home.....well, he was a bit put out!!
We cruised to the lake and found that it was quite muddy (as usual) getting to the lake but really not all that bad.  One would definitely need a four wheel drive and some fairly aggressive tires to pull your boat to the lake but it certainly could be done.
We had our usual adult beverage at the lake and marvelled at how high the water level was.  The lake was "up" a lot from the winter snows and the recent rains.  The water was crystal clear and we actually heard a few fish jumping.   From Deer we headed along the trail to Heart Lake then took a bit of a detour over to Beau Creek.  All in all, it was a good ride and we were home early to sit around the campfire.  There was a lot of water on the trails and there must have been some hellish runoff  earlier this Spring as there were huge gullies along parts of the trail where the water had carved its path.
This week, I started to clean out the storage trailer and managed to throw away years of paperwork. I had receipts, bank statements, etc from 10 and 12 years ago!!  Good Grief....I may be a hoarder!!  I got the fire roaring in the fire pit and proceeded to clear 11 years of corruption out of the shed.  I still have more to do but at least it is a start!!
The new phone arrived on Tuesday and I was thrilled.  I now had my "lifeline" back.  Imagine my disappointment when I realized that the damn thing was not working properly!!  It was devastating.   It had taken so long to arrive and now it wasn't working properly.  It had a mind of its own and I swear it was possessed!!  I fought with it for two days and after several and I mean several attempts to dial the insurance company, I finally got through only to be told that perhaps they could repair it over the phone and I would have to call them back!!  Well, shit, bugger, damn....it only took 18 attempts to get through to a person the first time as the phone would not allow me to punch in any numbers.  Instead, it chose to pick random numbers and symbols on its own.  I ended up using Gary's phone to contact the company again and, long story short, they are sending me a replacement ...for the replacement!!
CPR recertification was on the agenda for this week as well so I headed over to Evergreen for that 4 hour in service.  I am now recertified and that is always a good thing.
Casey arrived on Friday with his girlfriend Megan and her little 15 month old daughter Gabriella.   What  a little cutie she is.  Man, the energy level was hard to imagine.  There has not been a small child in our lives for years and one certainly forgets all sorts of things that once were simply "part of life".  Miss Gabby reminded us of just what we had forgotten!!
We had a really good visit with Casey and Megan and before we knew it, it was time for them to leave.  We did get a few hands of Kaiser in and once again.....John and I kicked some ass!!  We also were able to take a quick trip down the North Road and picked up a load of wood which Casey split. We now have enough for several fires and that is always a good thing.
It was a good week and as always.....Life is Good

No comments:

Post a Comment