Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Sunday, September 25/2016 - Saturday, October 1/2016

This week marked by 32nd anniversary of my 29th birthday!!  Yes, it is that time of year when we realize that another year has managed to slip on by.  "Time flies" has a whole new meaning as one realizes that "yes, it does" and where in the hell has it all gone!!  It was a day off for me and John cooked supper and we just had a quiet day tying up a few loose ends on some smaller jobs that needed to be done.
I got the truck camper totally ready for the sellers block, and the herbs are transplanted into their winter pots and,  I managed to get some parsley and rosemary dried for Gary to use over the winter months.  The cupboards are pretty much cleaned out of the "big" RV and the stuff has been transferred to the little trailer.  Anything that can "winter" in the big RV will be left for the season.
I have managed to get most of our clothes into the little trailer so that nasty job is done as well.
Things are all starting to come together and I find myself not nearly as stressed over all the little things that need to be done in getting us packed up and down the road.  My "To Do" list is lengthy but I get a little giggle every time I am able to scratch something off it!!
John has the solar system all hooked up on the truck and I hear that it was quite a job.  All that wiring is time consuming and now that it is done, a  huge sigh of relief can be had!!  John has yet to weld the frame together that will actually hold the panels but he assures me that this will be a relatively easy task.  It was the wiring that took all the time and I must say, the batteries were a bugger to move off the truck camper and into the battery bank on the deck of the truck.  Those things are HEAVY!!
Anyway, that stinking job is done!!  LOL
This week found us putting rubberized liner on the wood that is on the truck deck.  This will preserve and protect the wood.  Anyone who knows me knows it was a messy job and at the end of it....well I was covered with black paint!!  It was a task to get it off but the gas worked and left me stinking!! Gas is very drying to the skin by the way!!
Another busy week.  Gosh, this is getting a little "old" but our departure date is getting closer every week!!  Life is good!!


No comments:

Post a Comment