Saturday, October 22, 2016

Sunday, October 16/2016 - Saturday, October 22/2016

My last week of summer work is upon me and for that I am eternally grateful.  I love working at the nursing home but this year has been a bit of a chore.  Both my hips and my back have been causing me grief and I struggled with them all summer.  But....I made it through and I am forever grateful for the opportunity to still be able to work and help the girls here for the summer.
The snow still remains but it is melting like crazy.  With the amount that fell though, I am thinking that it is here for the duration of winter and that unfortunately makes for a very long winter for the folks here.  John and I will be leaving it behind but they will be dealing with it for about seven months!!  Wow!!
Being that I was off all last week, there really isn't much left of the "to do" list so that is a good thing.
I took my uniforms over to Shirley's for their final wash and hung them up in the big RV (ready for the summer of 2017!!) so now they have been dealt with.
Shirley and I headed into Spiritwood for a shopping trip and we both came back a bit poorer!! Flannel sheets sets were on sale at one of the local stores so I bought two sets!!  I put one on our bed in the camper and I must say...they felt so soft and cuddly that I had a awesome sleep.
When Shirley and I got home from Spiritwood,  we headed over to the store with her wagon.  We had two gas cans and two 30 pound propane tanks in it.  She needed gas for their quad and we needed propane....again.  Of course we had to stop at the store for beer so on the way home we looked like a couple of rednecks headed back to the bush!!  Life is good in a small town!!
John decided that the icicles hanging over the walkway needed to be dealt with this week so got busy knocking them down. With all the melting going on, they had slid down and were actually covering most of the sidewalk.  If they ever decided to slide off while someone was walking along there I am sure they would have been killed!!  Not only from the icicles themselves but the sheer weight of the overhang would have crushed you.  I had bought some ice melter and traction aide while I was in town and once all the snow and ice was cleared, spread some of that on the cement to make it less treacherous.  I also spread some on the pathway to the camper as it too had iced over from all the melting.
It was a quiet week as I was really not too ambitious after the marathon of working.  I was ready to just rest, do a few simple tasks and have a beer!!   Life is good!!


No comments:

Post a Comment