Saturday, October 22, 2016

Sunday, October 2/2016 - Saturday, October 8/2016

This week can be summed up as work, work, work.  I agreed to work 7 out of 8 days!  Gosh, what the hell was I thinking!!   It is a busy week at the nursing home and some of the girls are on special committees so need days off to attend to their duties so that is where I come in, pick up the slack and everyone wins.  I get the needed hours to maintain some benefits and the girls get to deal with their meetings.
The weather is turning colder and Fall in most definitely in the air.  We have a bit more painting to do and I am thinking that it can only be done this week and we can only hope for enough warm weather to allow the rubberized coating to cure properly.  It was not supposed to get chilly this quickly but I heard there was even a chance of a few snowflakes this coming week!!  What the hell??  So... I am thinking we are painting sometime this week!!
Well.....the snow"flakes" arrived and I tell you.....it was WAY more than flakes.  It snowed for 3 days and by the end of it, there was at least 12 inches of snow on the ground!!  The roads were treacherous and there were several vehicles in the ditch around town!!  I am hoping that this dump of snow will eventually be gone before too long!!  The only good thing about this whole snow thing was that it was not cold.  The icicles are dripping and the snow is really heavy!!
The birds are shaking their heads but they are busy at the feeder so they are managing quite nicely. The geese have been flocking for over a week now and headed South and that is John's and my cue to get into gear and follow!!

Snow came early this year



Arlene gave this card to Marie

The snow even surprised this guy!

I had to save him.  Even though I don't like spiders!!

An icy overhang in the campfire area
The snow was actually quite pretty but that soon wore off and John kept saying "This is bullshit, Marie" and I kept telling him that this would be gone before the weekend!!  Oh please Lord, let this be gone by the weekend!!
Even the birds weren't impressed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment