Monday, May 30, 2016

Sunday, May 15/2016 - Saturday, May 21/2015

This week started out much warmer than the previous one.  I was able to finally take off my  bunnyhug and actually sit in the sunshine.
There was some smoke in the air at times as the wildfires are still burning out of control and the smoke is filtering south.  There is a total fire ban for the province so we have not been able to have a campfire since we arrived home.  That sucks but with the forest being so dry there is not much to do but hope for a good 3 day rain.
Seeding is well under way and the farmers are hoping that they can get done before the rain comes.  It is a double edged sword for sure.  The forest is badly in need of rain to keep it safe from fires and the farmers need to get their crops in.
While we were travelling home, I noted that the lilacs were in full bloom in Montana and as I look out the window today, ours are only in bud!!  They will be awesome by next week.  With the warm weather we had a few weeks ago though, the leaves on the trees have burst forward and it is truly "green" where ever one looks.
This week was filled with us looking for something to replace the motor home on the lot here. Apparently NOW is the time to buy!!  There is quite a lot of choice out there and John is certainly patient enough to spend hours on the Internet looking.  Me.... not so much.  I have looked at a few and still cannot remember one from the other!!  I think I need to start writing some notes!!
 Our little tow behind trailer that we use for the quad is also on the block so it would be awesome if that sold as well.
This week also found me headed back to the nursing home for my first shift.  It is only a four hour shift and that is awesome as I really do not know how my hips are going to manage.  I guess I am going to find out!!

Thanks to Jimmy O for the loan of his truck

We got our new home 

on our lot




No comments:

Post a Comment