Monday, February 4, 2019

Saturday, November 3/2018

Today we awoke to snow on the ground.  Booko was wondering what the heck happened to the grass but it really didn't seem to bother him.  At least now if he went for a bit of a walk, we could at least track him!!
 We travelled into Idaho and once again, we lucked out as to road conditions despite the snow on the ground in the campground.  It was a bit icy initially but once we got a few miles under our wheels, it was dry and sunny for the most part and I was certainly glad about that.  The weather forecast had called for rain and snow but so far we have avoided it.  Woo Hoo!!
Our travels today brought us to a most awesome campground just outside of Palisades, Idaho.  I think it was called Riverside Campground at the Palisades Dam.  It lies along the south fork of the Snake River and was very peaceful.
When we arrived there was one other camper there but since the actual campground was so big, they really didn't "cramp our style"!!
The wind was blowing a bit but it was generally quite pleasant out.  John had spied some wood and thought that since we had not had a campfire since leaving Saskatchewan that tonight was the night.  He managed to score two pallets that someone had left behind along with several big chunks of wood.
It took a bit to get everything going but soon the fire was throwing off some good heat and I could shed the two dog blankets I had stolen from the dog to keep my back warm.  Booko had his Carhartt jacket on so he really wasn't too interested in his blankets and that was probably a good thing as I was feeling a bit guilty about that!!   What kind of a dog "Mom" steals blankets from the dog??  LOL
With the fire raging and the beer tasting pretty darn good, John decided that it was time for a BBQ.   After all, it was Saturday night and that meant .... steak and baked potatoes!!


A bit of snow falling today

Headed out

A bit nasty to start









Roadside teepee village



There always has to be road construction




Left it is


Our spot for the night


Snake River


Tonight's fire with me wrapped in Boolo's blanket


Incredible sunset

Another great sunset


According to the forecast, there was supposed to be 3-6 inches of snow falling.  It was to start tonight and continue into tomorrow with accumulation of up to 10 inches in some areas!!  WTH???
I was regretting us stopping and although I didn't say anything, I was secretly screaming on the inside.   John knew I was worried.  No amount of beer was able to stop my fretting.
The steak was delicious as usual and once the fire burnt down we were off to bed.    Once again, I was praying for sunshine and John was not all that concerned.    Shit oh dear........Life is Good  (I think!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment