Monday, February 4, 2019

Friday, November 2/2018

Headed out

      This morning, the wind seems to have died down a bit so we are hoping that it stays that way.  I am sure we didn't get very good fuel mileage yesterday but there really is nothing to be done about that.



Here we go again with the damn road signs

We fueled up in Lewistown and I found a really cute "redneck" shot glass for Kay so I had to buy it to add to her ever growing collection.  Jace has been adding to it on his travels throughout the various states and I don't really know how many he had but I am thinking we are going to need another holder soon!!


wind power


So far, the roads have been good as far as conditions go.  They have been dry and we have been lucky enough not to see any snow and THAT is a good thing!!  I am a lousy traveler when it comes to ice and snow so have been thanking my lucky stars. 






Hit some rain



Nastiness..... this way comes!!

Gallatin River

Tonight, we camped along the Gallatin River just north of Big Sky, Montana.  It was in the Moose Creek Campground and was quite pretty.  It was just off the 191 highway and appeared to be well maintained.  There  was one other camper in the campground and we assumed that it belonged to a hunter as they arrived at dusk and were gone again early the following  morning leaving the camper behind.  It was a reasonable assumption considering it is hunting season.




Our spot for the night


Again, it was chilly and the BBQ was not an option.  It is a really good thing I packed some "inside" meals and was very thankful that I had purchased some of Ronnie's "Ready to Eat" beef au jus and his "black gold" gravy before we left Leoville.  It was hot beef sandwiches and salad for supper and it was delicious!!
I beat John in a game of Yahtzee tonight and was VERY proud of myself as this does not happen very often!!  I even gloated a bit.....well....a lot actually!!  I think I even did a bit of a happy dance!!
Tomorrow, the weather calls for rain and snow so I went to bed praying for sunshine.  We will see what tomorrow brings.        Life Is Good!!




No comments:

Post a Comment