Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Wednesday, July 19/2017

Wild Asters - Fall flowers
Wednesday arrived in the midst of some awesome sunshine.  I arrived home at about 8:30 and headed to bed.  I had planned to sleep for only a short time and then get up to do "something" today.

Butterfly on the Asters
We ended up jumping into the jeep (Casey and John have gone together on an old "trail" jeep) and headed down the North Road.   We were going to spent some time on the shores of Buck Lake.  It is nestled in the forest not too far from Leoville and is peaceful and simply a very nice place to have a cold "forest" beer. It is one of our favourite spots to be here in the Northern Forest.  We look down onto the lake and can see all sorts of interesting wildlife.

Lounging at Buck Lake

Booko, Mason and Kelly in the back seat

The first tiger lilies I have seen this year
We spent a little while at Buck then headed back towards Leoville.  John decided to do a tour at 8 Mile so we headed down the logging road and over towards the snowmobile shelter.  We had heard that there were a few challenging  spots along the trail but it turned out to be an easy trail to traverse in the jeep.  We arrived at the shelter in no time and had a beer there before we headed back to town. So far, it had been a good day with us enjoying the forest and the added bonus of NOT getting sruck!!
Beverage at the shelter


Nice sunset
We arrived back in Leoville where Kelly started making her Dad's famous mushroom sauce.  It was interesting watching her make it and when it was done, it was delicious.  I now have the recipe tucked away in my mind so that I will be able to make it when I get to Arizona.  I am sure Kay will enjoy it as much as I did.
Suppertime
Tonight's sunset was pretty awesome and we ended up staying up rather late!!   Too late for us old farts but I had just come off a night shift so wasn't tired.  Well, that is my story and I'm sticking to it!! Suffice it to say, there was alcohol involved.....and a campfire!!   Life is Good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment