Friday, December 9, 2016

Saturday, December 3/2016

crazy cupboard cats
Today is a quiet day.  We were going to make a third attempt at finding the ever elusive Red Rock Canyon but everyone decided that maybe I could use a 'day off" from all the jostling and smashing and crashing around that occurs when riding trails.  My back and my guts were more than happy to hear that!!   I was stiff but not as bad as what I had thought I would be.  I have a few minor scrapes on both my knees and a few bruises on them as well.  I have a huge bruise on my left thigh but that is all the injuries I can see.  I was lucky for sure!! No broken bones and my glasses are intact!!

Add caption
Alamo Lake

One of the boat launches

Road into the dam








Add caption
Since we had never actually been over to the Alamo State Park, we took a trip over to there and checked out the sights.  It is a rather barren little park and since I did not see any sort of beach area, I wondered why anyone would want to spend time here.  Well, unless you were a fisherman as there is some really good fishing in this lake.  The campground was a reasonable size and there were camping "cabins" available for rent.  It was very clean but I felt the site itself leaves much to be desired.
We took the road up to the dam and that was interesting.  We had a great view of the lake and the surrounding area.  Man, the capacity that this area has to hold water is quite phenomenal.  It was interesting and it was quite apparent that the wild burros found this area agreeable as well.  There was burro poop everywhere!!
We then headed into town and took on a few supplies then headed back to camp to spend a very quiet evening.  The cats played outside and where in and out of the trailer 900 times.  They too enjoyed their evening!!  It was early to bed as tomorrow is football Sunday so we need our beauty rest to cheer on our teams.  Who knows, maybe I will win the pool again this week!!    Life is Good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment