Sunday, December 11, 2016

Saturday, December 10/2016

Up early again today and Ray was busy transplanting cactus into one of the rock gardens he is creating.  It actually looks pretty good.  I asked him to move that miserable cactus that sits by the front of the trailer and he agreed so it too was transplanted into the rock gardens.  That sucker will no longer be poking me when I'm not looking!!
We did a walk about yesterday and he told me some of his ideas and I think that eventually we will be living in a pretty ideal setting.  Actually, we are living in it now but we still need some landscaping.
The gardens in the North 40 are looking pretty good too and the bougainvillea are still in bloom and have once again climbed to the top of the mesquite tree.  I see that one of the agave that I planted three years ago has died and that sucks but I still have one huge one sitting on the other side of the fence.
The birdbath was in dire need of a good cleaning so I did that and I am sure that the birds more than appreciate that!!
There were a few limbs that needed to be trimmed off the mesquite trees so I did that and hauled all the trimmings over to the brush pile without actually making myself bleed!!  Thank heavens for the fire gloves as they are so thick that none of the pokers can get through.
John got the TVs up and running so that we can now watch football tomorrow.
Ray had been collecting firewood for us throughout the summer so John and I headed down to the former site 3 and collected that for tonight's fire.
It was soon time to slow our day's pace down, sit and have an adult beverage.
The fire was started and Ray, Kay, John and I sat around it and enjoyed the heat and the conversation.  Larry (the property owner) stopped by for a quick hello and a welcome back and it was nice to see him again.
John cooked supper and it was awesome.  The cats have settled nicely and are busy visiting us in the trailer .  They think they have two homes now!!  Well, three if you include the RV!!
Anyway......life is good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment