Sunday, July 31, 2016

Sunday, June 26/2016 - Saturday, July 2/2016

The weather has finally turned nice and I would like to say almost too hot for me although I really should not complain.
The garden is coming along nicely and of course the onions are ready and I have been crabbing at both Gary and Shirley to get picking and eating!!  All the lettuce, the kale, the spinach and baby beet greens are ready for picking as well.  I got the pea fence up and now the vines are crawling up the wire like there is no tomorrow.  I love that fence and will be so thankful that I won't have to bend down to pick peas.  Last year, the peas grew taller than the fence and it looks like that is going to be happening again this year!!  The potatoes need to be hilled and I have tried to convince Gary to do it but I fear my words are falling on deaf ears!!
The birds are loving the seeds again this year and I found some old peanuts to add to the feeder and the blue jays and crows are loving those!!  I have seen a few hummingbirds at the feeder but am thinking that there are too many feeders at the nursing home for them to be bothered with this one. The ants are loving it though!
I worked three shifts this week and am blessed to be working the July long weekend again this year!
The kids arrived here on Thursday evening to drop off the new fancy outside door we had ordered from Kim for the man cave.  They were on their way to the lake for the long weekend.  Of course I was working so didn't get to see them but maybe John and I will drive over at some point for a quick visit.  I am hoping at some point this summer, that either Coors or Roxy will teach Cooper how to swim.  Cooper frolics at the edge of the water but will not really go in past his tummy.  He needs one of his cousins to teach him how not to drown!!

A afternoon at Vimy Lake
Cooper riding in the back of the truck in the chair!

Cooper continues to improve and is running around like an idiot again.  There is only a bit of swelling left along the one side of his nose from where he had all the dental injury but that is almost gone.  He is back to eating some hard food and doesn't seem to have any trouble with that although I am thinking he was really loving the expensive canned food and would rather have that instead of the equally expensive hard puppy food!!
All in all, it was another good week.  I can not believe that the month of June is over, and July has begun.  Gosh, four more months and we will be preparing to head back to Arizona for the winter!! Yikes, time does fly when we are having fun.....or as we get older!!



No comments:

Post a Comment