Sunday, July 31, 2016

Sunday, June 12/2016 - Saturday, June 18/2016

This week started out with dreary weather.   It is cloudy with an occasion sighting of the sun!!  I keep thinking that if it is going to be like this, it might just as well rain!!  The rain we got last Wednesday was awesome and provided some much needed water to our nearby forests and that is always a blessing.
The only good thing about this kind of weather is that it is good "sleeping" weather and that is awesome as the start of this week found me doing another night shift at the nursing home!!  I am slowly building up my hours and have now left a copy of my schedule with the girls so that they can plan their summer and make sure I am available to take their shifts.  It all works out very well for them and for me.
This week was highlighted by Cooper having his first official dogfight.  Unfortunately, he tried to take on Bear who is ten times his size and is probably ten times stronger.  It did not turn out well for poor little Cooper and I ended up taking a trip to the vet for stitches and examination.  He lost one of his permanent molars and may lose another as Bear had his head clasped in his jaws!!  The sutures were needed to close a laceration on his lip.   He has several marks on his head and body where Bear's teeth connected but we are hoping those will heal without leaving scars.  He was a very sad little puppy.  He is now on painkillers and antibiotics.  Good grief.....it is starting already!!  Hopefully he heals without any difficulty.  I guess Cooper gets to stay in the yard here at home when John and I visit Dave and Shirley as it was Bear's jealousy that sparked the whole fight as Cooper was being way too friendly with Shirley and Bear took exception.  Oh well, better safe than sorry and if I remember correctly, Bear and Hogan never got along either.
My hip continues to give me grief but I guess there is not too much I can do about that as there is severe arthritic changes on xray and the aching will probably not go away until I get a new hip joint.   I walk like a really old lady and that of course is not sitting well with me!!   Guess I will just keep on plugging away as best I can and be glad it is just an aching hip!!
Life is good.....most days!!


No comments:

Post a Comment