Sunday, December 27, 2015

Sunday, December 20/2015 - Saturday, December 26/2015

This week found us busy again!!
I managed to find out the name of Tom's surgeon and made a much needed appointment for him for suture removal so on Monday, the three of us piled into the truck and headed into Phoenix.
 It was a bit of a gong show trying to find the joint but we managed to get there and then proceeded to "hurry up and wait"!!
Eventually Tom and I were called into the plastic surgeon's office and I finally got to meet Dr. Andrew Blount.  He was so very pleased to see Tom as I truly believe he did not ever expect to see this man again.  He was happy with the progress of the hand and thanked me for looking after it for Tom.  I said that once Tom arrived, he really didn't have much of a choice as he now had a second "adopted" Canadian sister!!  Anyway, all went well and we now have to see him again in three weeks.  Lord only knows if Tom will be around for that long but time will tell.
Christmas arrived and John was right on his game when it came to the trash can turkey.   It was cooked to perfection and everyone enjoyed the bird and all the fixins!!  We now had enough left overs to last several days!!
The park clean up continues and the Mexicans are all over the place like little ants, scooping up whatever they can.  It is almost comical until they start eyeballing some of the paving stones I want!! It is everyman and woman for themselves around here!!  LOl

The Christmas full moon
taken
through the noose
 Hogan continues to hang on but I fear the decision is coming all too quickly.  Not going there today!!
The weather has turned chilly and there is threat of rain.  The frost has all but killed most of our summer plants so things are looking pretty bleak in the north forty.
Mr. Roadrunner seems to be a daily occurance this year and that is awesome.  I was talking to the old fellow who lives next door and he tells me he has been feeding it so I will have to look into the possibility of me doing that as well.   They are meat eaters so not sure what that should be.....liver perhaps???
Life is good.   Oh and Merry Christmas to All.

No comments:

Post a Comment