Sunday, January 14, 2018

Sunday, December 31/2017 - Saturday, January 6/2018

New Year's Eve arrived with awesome weather and with the anticipation of what 2018 hold in store for us.   There is plenty of optimism in the air!!
Sunday was a relatively "quiet" day with Kay busy sanding some pallet boards and Me staining the little cupboard that Kay and I had picked up for the bathroom in the lower apartment.  Once the stain and the varathane had dried, Kay put the shelves back in, the doors on and the knobs back on and then it was ready to attached to the wall.
We sat around the campfire on New Year's eve until I was tired and decide that I really did not have to stay up until midnight.  The new year would come whether I was awake or not so....Off to bed I went.  John and Kay brought in the new year and woke me up to make sure that I too knew that 2018 had arrived!!
This week found Kay and I back over at the Foothills getting her belongings from out of her trailer.  Ray was not impressed with the whole ordeal but put up little resistance to the inevitable.  It was time for both Kay and Ray to move on with their own lives.  Lots of changes have happened since November and it does take some getting used to by all parties.
The work continues around here but I think we are making headway.  Things are coming along nicely and that is a good thing as time is running out before we welcome our first guests.
The stovepipe came in and Mark got it all hooked up so this week saw us having our first fire in the mancave in the cute little stove.  It was awesome and worked like a charm.  It will be a welcome addition to the mancave and will also cut down on the electric bill as we had been using the electric heater in there to keep the chilly evenings at bay.
I had to take Booko to the vet this week as his eyes have been draining for a few days now and saline eye drops don't seem to be helping so off we went to get this checked out.  We came home with antibiotic eye drops with a little steroid added for good measure.  Hopefully, this clears up the issue.
Of course he thinks I am trying to kill him when I put the drops in and it is quite a struggle!! Hopefully this gets a bit easier over the week!!
Again.....another busy week but I am thinking the end is finally in sight!!   Life is Good!!



Kay staining the wall


The new old stove

Mark did a snake skin for us

Some kind of critter








No comments:

Post a Comment