Sunday, January 14, 2018

Sunday, December 24/2017 - Saturday, December 30/2017

This week heralded in Christmas day.  It was a quiet day and the weather was ideal.  We had invited Mark over for the day as he too has been putting in quite a few hours working on getting things up and running.
I cooked a prime rib roast for supper and had made cabbage rolls Christmas Eve day to go with it. The meal was delicious and was enjoyed by all.
We all tried our hand at several games of Horseshoes with Mark and Kay playing the most games.  Kay totally kicked Mark's butt in the games and he was quite disappointed as he actually thought he was going to beat her!!  Of course, that was a dream and Kay showed him no mercy in any of the games!!
This week, Kay started painting the ceiling in the bottom apartment and I finally finished the "mosaic" tiles around the sink in the laundry room.  They were both tedious jobs but jobs that had to be done.  We were both aching after these jobs and I thanked the makers of tylenol several times this week!!
John and I took a trip into Wickenburg this week to buy a much needed shed to store all our "stuff" in.   There is no way that it can all be kept in the garage/mancave so a shed was definitely needed. Unfortunately, when we arrived at the dealership, the owner was not around for us to pay for it so I had to go back into town the following day to actually pay for the shed and get it ordered.  It is supposed to arrive here in the yard in about four weeks.
Our first load of firewood was delivered this week and I am afraid that this will be the first of many that is purchased this year.  John has decided to build a wood shed to keep the wood in so that will be a good thing too.
Neal and Tammy came back and stayed a few days and while here helped with lots of the jobs around here.  Neal is quite the handyman and Tammy is like an energizer bunny and painted her butt off!! Neal managed to dig a ditch for the grey water and that was one nasty ugly job but he stuck with it and before too long it was pretty much done.  Gosh, I wish he could stay for a few more days or maybe a week or two!!  Unfortunately, they had plans to spend New Years with their son in Las Vegas!!
I was picked to make a trip up to Yarnell as I was the "gopher" for all the busy little beavers working on their different projects.  Now I don't mind being the runner but this trip meant that I had to drive the twisty shelf road up into the Weaver Mountains and into the town of Yarnell which sits at the summit.  Shit....Oh Dear!!  Well, I managed to make it all the way up and all the way back down without a panic attack but it sure wasn't an easy thing to do!!  Hopefully it will be the only time I have to make this trip!!  This, I am thinking is a dream!!
Mark brought the little wood stove out as he was done making the hearth and Neal and Tammy got to see part of the results.  I loved what Mark had done and the stove looks awesome where John put it.  We are now waiting on stove pipe so that it can be hooked up and used.  I can't wait!!  Kay loved her gift and she too can hardly wait for it to become fully functional.
This week we got LOTS done thanks to Neal and Tammy and I will be forever grateful to the both of them.  It was a pleasure having them here and I loved feeding Neal as he is a food lover and loves to eat!!  That was awesome and as usual......Life is Good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment