Saturday, June 13, 2015

Sunday, May 24/2015 - Sunday, May 31/2015

This week brings us to the end of May.  Wow, it is hard to believe that we have been away from Arizona for close to 6 weeks already.  Time surely does fly when you are having fun and one is once again.....working!!  And, of course, trying to keep warm!!
I worked two night shifts this week and managed to book a few more shift for June.  Hopefully I am able to get enough hours to maintain our recently granted insurance through the health district.  If not, we will be off the plan again in December.  Oh well, at least I can get all our medications for only 10.00 dollars until then!!
This week, I had to cover the tomato plants a few nights because of frost and they are looking a bit sad so just may have to get a few more plants and trade spots with some of the more sad ones!!  We were all hoping for rain but the little bit we got was not worth anything so I had to break down and water the garden with my new fancy sprinkler.  It did not work as well as I had hoped but I think that is because Gary's pump just does not have the amount of pressure needed for it to trigger the mechanism that returns the spray.  Oh well, the garden did get watered (not to mention my face a few times!!)  and hopefully now the chill that has been in the air for the past few days will turn to warmth and the seeds will sprout.
I continued to unpack the camper and now have a really good incentive to get it done and get the camper clean.   Jace text the other day saying that him and Kimmy and Cody and his girlfriend Erin are coming up on the weekend to quad.  Cody is bringing his camper but Jace and Kimmy will be staying in our camper.  Soooo..... I guess I had better quit lolly gagging and get my ass into gear and get stuff done!!  I always work better under pressure!!



     John was busy this week getting some finishing touches done to the man cave before the weekend when some of the kids will be here to quad.
We brought a lovely metal hanging of a bear paw back from Arizona.  Kay gave it to us for custodial care are we brought it home to hang in the man cave.  John hung it up on the wall above the pallet shelf which, by the way, is now full of the many construction "toys" that Kay gets from her work. The shelf is really starting to come together nicely.
I also picked up an extra Wickenburg poster and it too was hung on the wall.  There are still a few things to be put up but, ever so slowly, we are getting things done.
It was another great week with me continuing to work a few shifts and John puttering around in the yard.  The dandelions are certainly giving John a run for his money!!

Toys and Bear paw



No comments:

Post a Comment