Sunday, December 14, 2014

Sunday, December 7/2014 - Saturday, December 13/2014

Another busy week has come to an end and we are certainly getting stuff done.
John has been busy in the man cave and now the walls are up and the ceiling will be done soon as well. Then, it will be time for paint.
Kay and I scooted into Surprise a few times this week getting supplies for the "build" and also to order a washer and dryer and, we also picked up a little "beer" fridge. We have been busy!!
I am slowly unloading the camper of food stuffs and slowly getting the kitchen into shape here in the trailer. There is nothing more maddening that going to peel a potato and realizing that the potato peeler is still in the camper!! Shit, Oh Dear!! I really need to buy one of those for down here!!
The washer and dryer arrived safe and sound of Friday and I am so excited to use them. Unfortunately, I will not be able to use the dryer until we renovate the bathroom as that is where the plug in cord is and I am NOT about to crawl under the trailer to get it. God only knows what creatures (large and small) live under there!! I will wait until the floor of the bathroom is replaced and the cord is readily available!!
The weather has been great this week however there is a risk of a two day rain coming in on the weekend so we will see what happens. The desert could definitely use a good rain shower.
We got a cord of wood this week and it is now neatly stacked behind the shed. It is pine wood and it crackles and burns like the fires we have back home. It is a good sound.
We finally took the plunge this week and got an I-phone. I am afraid that this phone knows more about me than I know about it but I am learning!!  We now have a new number and I have text it to all the kids and contacts back home. We are no longer SaskTel customers as their international and long distance plans are more expensive than the plan we can have through Verizon and that even includes the exchange!!
So this week comes to an end.... a busy, but good week.  Life is good!!

This guy came to visit Sat night

Another awesome fire

Mary Beth and Marie

Kay in the corner

No comments:

Post a Comment