Monday, January 23, 2017

Sunday, January 8/2017 - Saturday, January 14/2017

Another quiet week spent here in Arizona!!  This is really getting to be a habit.  It is nice though. Once breakfast is out of the way, Kay and I head to the "movie theatre" (aka the man cave) for our morning movie and then after that, decide what is on the agenda for that day.
This week Ray started building my front flower bed over the trailer hitch and once that was done, him and I hauled dirt and filled it.  John even got into the act and helped unload the quad.  Now, we can all say we helped build the flower bed!!  The dirt can settle now and then I can plant some rosemary in it and watch it grow.  Hopefully it will flourish and eventually cascade over the edge of the bed.  It should be nice once it does that.  In the meantime I will buy a bit of paint that matches the color of the trailer and paint it.  I really hate the battleship grey of the cinder bricks!!
The weather has been pretty good this week.  We had a few scattered showers and that has turned the desert quite green.  It is actually very pretty out in the North 40 with all the green popping up.
Thelma the Turkey still makes her visits but remains rather skittish.  She does enjoy all the birdseed and corn that is put out there for her though!!
The javalina do not like to share all the "booty" that is out there and tend to chase her off but she is tenacious in that she returns often for a few more mouth fulls!!
Booko is settling in nicely and I'm thinking he is a pretty happy dog.  He loves movie mornings and is slowly getting used to the harsh ground on his tender feet.  John ordered some "Musher's Secret" for the pads of his feet and that seems to be helping alot. I apply it to the pads of his feet when he is sleeping and this protects them from all the sharp rocks and thorns around here.  He is gaining weight and his coat is coming back nicely.  He still has a sore on his tail and his ears are a bit of a challenge but hopefully that too will be resolved.  He continues his medicated baths and he is still not loving that idea!!  I still come out as wet as he does!!
Football is down to playoffs and I managed to win this weekly pools so I am $25.00 richer!!  Woo hoo , I have hit the big times!!
Life is Good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment