Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Sunday, May 3/2015 - Saturday, May 9/2015

It was a very lazy Sunday morning here at the farm.  I actually did not crawl out of bed until eleven o'clock!!  That is not to say that I slept that long.....NOOOO,  I was awake at 8 a.m. but I read my book then caught up on Facebook and got the blog caught up!!  Yay for me!!
It was soon time to greet the day and get into gear.  Lauren and Casey headed back to the city and then Jace, Kimmy, Scotty and Jill came out for the late afternoon and supper so we got to catch up on all their news.  Jill of course remains quite pregnant and can hardly wait till the baby is here.  A few more weeks ought to do it!!
Supper was delicious (no surprise there) and all too soon, the evening was over and the kids left.  Jace was headed to the farm so we probably would not be seeing him until the Father's Day quad rally.  It is seeding time at the farm and time is of the essence.
Monday morning heralded a busy week ahead.  It was time to get all the dentist, doctor, optometrist appointments out of the way.  Not to mention a trip to Blue Cross to fill in final papers for John's little "I tried to cut my thumb off in Arizona" adventure and of course the yearly tax returns were due. Gosh, I think I am tired just thinking about the upcoming week.
I did manage to get a visit in with  Jan and Erin and that was a good thing.  I also had to do lots of shopping as the price of some things in Leoville are out of this world and Walmart is not just "down the street"!!

Back to the real world
I stopped at the liquor store while in town one day and had to giggle when I saw this bill for 30 Keystone Light beer.  $51.51 is a far cry form the $17.99 we were paying in Arizona!!  I couldn't resist sending it to Kay!!
After a storm rolled through
The weather this week was chilly with lots of wind and some rain.  It froze at night so it is most definitely too early to get the garden plants in.  The seeds will be ok so am looking forward to getting into the garden when I get to Leoville.






Nice sunset
It was indeed a busy week but I managed to get most of what I needed for our trip home and managed to stock up on some essentials.    Hopefully next week, we will be sitting in Leoville with our feet up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment