Monday, January 5, 2015

Sunday, December 28/2014 - Wednesday, December 31/2014

The end of 2014 is in sight and Kay and I have decided to serve several appetizers for the occasion. No one really wants to cook and since the weather has turned totally shitty, appetizers seems the easiest.
Mitch has left us for the chills of Utah to spend New Years with his family and to start his elk hunt. Of course he is headed into some shitty snow storm but I am not sure if it is going to be any better here. There is a suggestion that we will get snow here!!
Well, the snow came and it came with a vengeance. It did not take too long before the snow was on the cacti and the ground was white. It was kind of neat to see and actually lasted for two days!! There has not been this much snow in the area for decades!! Woo Hoo and we were here to witness it. I did post a pic on facebook and I must say, we did not get much sympathy for our weathered plight!! In fact, we got several rather nasty comments!!
New Years's Eve was chilly but it finally stopped snowing/raining long enough for us to be able to start a fire. The chill was definitely in the air and the dampness seemed to seep into one's bones. It wasn't too long before I was headed into the bathtub to warm up and then I stayed in the house until it was time to set off the fireworks.
As usual, the new year came and went in amongst the spray of fireworks. I videoed the display but, with the new phone, I was not really all that great as the official videographer. The end results left much to be desired!! It too went on facebook and received a few unkind comments!!  Man, give a girl a break!!
Well, another year has come and gone and I cannot help but feel very blessed for the great family and friends that we have. I can't help but look forward to more adventure in 2015.
Life is Good!!

Our dusting of snow






New Years fire

No comments:

Post a Comment