Monday, October 19, 2009

October 17/09 and 18/09













We made the next stop all the way to Buffalo Pound Lake. There is a nice little pull off beside the highway. When we pulled in the sun was shining and it was warm enough to sit in the lawnchairs and enjoy the end of the lake. You could hear all the geese at the end of the lake and you just knew that you were experiencing nature at it's finest. We even saw what I think may have been an osprey. What ever it was, it was huge and I think was actually sizing up our Hogan. Good thing he weighs in excess of 50 pounds. A bit more of a load than even he would expect!! We managed to gather enough wood to have an awesome fire that night. Even a passing semi driver appreciated it as he gave a toot from his air horns on the way by. Life is grand!! The sunset was spectacular as you can see by the pictures. Saskatchewan is truly the land of the living skies. John BBQ an awesome steak and I must say I can wrap and mean bakers potato in foil. The next day was windy like crazy and I had just about had enough of the noise from the bezillion geese. Do they ever shut up? I think not. Anyway the weather sucked so we had a pyjama day. That is we lounged all day and watched football. I of course read a book while I was watching the game. Of course everyone knows that us women can multitask very well. I did manage to do a lasagna in the fancy dancy convection oven and it actually turned out very well. We watched some TV, then headed to bed. Big day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment